Teeth Whitening & Gems
Please book an appointment with the following specialist below
Days Available: Appointments Only
Specializes in: Teeth Whitening and Tooth Gems
Schedule an Appointment
FOLLOW PRE & POST TIPS TO INSURE THE BEST TEETH WHITENING EXPERIENCE
Prior to you appointment
You do not have to do anything specific other than DO NOT brush your teeth 3 HOURS before your teeth whitening treatment.
We do however recommend your usual 6 & 12 month regular visit to the dentist.
During your appointment
- Your Certified Teeth Whitening Specialist will go through everything with you, do a consultation and answer any questions you may have.
- You can sit back, relax and watch TV or play on your phone. We then assist you with inserting the cheek retractor, take a shade measurement and have a look at your teeth to make sure everything is OK to progress with the treatment.
- We will apply the protective base barrier along the gums then whitening gel on your teeth and activate the laser light which will start the first 15 minute session.
- After the first session is completed we will reapply a new layer of teeth whitening gel and start the second 15 minute session.
- Repeating as necessary, depending on services selected.
- We remove the cheek retractor and you can see your dazzling new white smile in the mirror.
After care notes
For the following 24-48 hours After Treatment you must:
- Avoid any dark staining drinks like tea, coffee, red wine, colored soft or alcoholic drinks and fruit juice.
- Avoid all dark staining foods like bolognese, soy sauce, red meat, chocolate and all fruit except bananas.
- Avoid any foods or drinks that would leave a stain on a white shirt.
- No Smoking for 24 hours, smoking a cigarette within the first 24 hours will stain your teeth.
- Moderate use of electronic cigarettes is OK.
- Avoid colored toothpaste (red or blue) or mouthwash for 24 hours.
WHAT FOOD AND DRINKS CAN I HAVE DURING THE 24-48 HOURS?
Some food and drink you can consume after teeth whitening
Of all the questions we’re asked after treatments on our customers, ‘What food and drink can I have?’ is the one that we’re asked more frequently than any others. That tells us one thing – we need to have a a go-to page that lists all the food and drink you can consume immediately after your teeth whitening treatment.
Here is a list of clear drinks and ‘white foods’ that are perfectly fine for eating and drinking after a treatment.
• Skinless chicken/turkey (minus the fat)
• White fish
• White rice
• White pasta
• White cheese
• White onion
• Egg whites
• Peeled potatoes cooked to your liking
• Crustless white bread
• Rice Krispies (yes, the Kellogg’s ones – good to know for breakfast)
• Still / sparkling water
• Tonic/soda water
• White lemonade
• Skimmed milk
• Clear coconut water (not milk!)
• Clear alcohol mixed with clear mixers (gin and tonic, vodka and white etc)